{padding:0 3px}

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend was a very productive and family oriented weekend. On Friday night, we went to get groceries as a family. The kids loved it because they could drive the car. R-man was extremely excited about his new adventure as we have never let him sit in a cart like this before.
Little-C excited about her pizza and R-man excited to be driving the car.

R-man a bit excited about shopping!
Little-C was all concerned about the food samples. She had two slices of pizza and a little chocolate chip cookie. When R-man saw her food he realized he was hungry too so we had to pick up some lil' crunchies so he could have a snack while shopping too.

Little-C feeding R-man some lil' crunchies! 

On Saturday morning, I taught cycling class at the Y! I love teaching cycling and I love the followers I have in my classes.  Although, with the nice weather on Saturday morning my class was a little emptier than normal. After I finished teaching at 8:00, I rushed home to get ready and help get the kids ready for their photos with the real Easter bunny at University Photo. R-man loved the Easter bunny and tried to pick it up and toss it but Little-C didn't appreciate it when the bunny hopped on her feet. She liked him better when he was sitting beside her brother and she could just look at him. As you can tell from the photo, R-man was a bit excited about the bunny!  He'd grab the fur and pick it up but thankfully the bunny didn't seem to mind.
R-man and Little-C at University Photo with the real Easter bunny.
After photos, we headed home to grab a quick bite to eat then I had to run. I went to Ames to help Iowa Corn hand out items for the ISU spring football game. Dave brought the kids up around 2:00 when the game started and we enjoyed the game from the suite. It was nice we were able to take advantage of watching the game indoors so the kids didn't get sunburned. I did get a little toasty but thankfully I inherited the good "tan" gene from my Dad. It'll be tan in a day or two! 

Enjoying the ISU game! 
Dave and R-man enjoying the game.
After the game, we came home and played outside until around 7:30. R-man loves his car so much that he tries to eat the horn. Both kids went to sleep around 8:30 and slept until 6:30 on Sunday morning. Dave and I were both in need of a good nights sleep.
R-man and Little-C enjoying outside!
Sunday morning when the kids woke up Dave took them downstairs so that I could sleep in. It felt good to sleep until 8:30 a.m.  I can't recall the last time I was able to do that. Once I woke up, I started making R-man's baby food for the week and Dave helped Caroline color Easter eggs. This year we learned to use "food coloring" instead of the coloring you can buy from the store. It works much better.  Also, I purchased plastic decorating eggs from Walmart. They worked much better for Little-C because they were light and she could handle them.

Coloring Easter eggs.


Plastic eggs we used to color (from Walmart).
After naps we toured homes to pick out colors for our new house! It was like a monsoon with all the rain we received. This whole colors thing is a lot more stressful than I thought. I taught cycling at 4 p.m. at the Y again and it was great to sweat a little and see some familiar faces.

I wish every weekend was family oriented like this because it felt great to spend quality time with my husband and kids.

2 comments :

  1. What a fun weekend! "R" has the BEST facial expressions and "C" is so sweet! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! It was an awesome weekend. R-man has awesome facial expressions and he is always so darn happy! Let's hope he stays that way as he get's older.

    ReplyDelete