{padding:0 3px}

Monday, April 14, 2014

Living on $40 per week (grocery budget) - Week 6

This week, I am proud to say that we managed to stay under the $40 budget - our total was only $32!  The kids will be excited to know that they each get $4 towards their college fund. Well, they may not be excited about the money now but Dave and I certainly are. Every little bit adds up even if the interest rates aren't that great.

Little-C and R-man shopping.
This week we purchased some of the necessities including: bagels, bread, spaghetti sauce, milk, squash, pears, crystal light energy (if you haven't tried these you must do so), lil' crunchies and pasta. Needlessness it was a fun trip with the kids. On Friday, Dave and I rode together to work so we went grocery shopping right after we picked them up from daycare so they were quite hungry. Little-C had to sample two slices of pizza and a chocolate chip cookie. R-man was hungry when he saw little-C's pizza so we had to open the lil' crunchies for him to sample until we were finished shopping.


Little-C eating pizza samples.
It does seem like R-man is limited on his food this week but I did have a few remaining items in the freezer from past weeks and before lent so he is eating well.

R-man is eating the following foods this week:

  • Green beans and peas
  • Mangos, strawberries and peaches
  • Peas and carrots
  • Blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, apples and pears
Before I went to bed last night, I tossed a whole frozen chicken in the crock-pot. My parents raise chickens in the summertime and give them to their kids once they are butchered. We all love them! A fresh chicken is awesome and tastes great! This morning when I woke up it was nice and tender. I cut it up and put it in the refrigerator so that I can make chicken stir fry this week. Simple and easy is the way this busy mama likes to make meals during the week.

This past weekend I also made hamburgers, frozen sweet corn and cheesy beef casserole. If you can't tell, I love making meals that are quick and easy.

1 comment :

  1. Yummy! I love throwing a turkey breast the crock pot for the same reason - easy to cook and goes a long way!

    ReplyDelete