{padding:0 3px}

Friday, March 20, 2015

Thankful and blessed by the power of prayer

Many do not know, but on January 28, I lost my job. At first, it was extremely stressful because we had just built a new home and I honestly enjoyed the work I was doing. It was unfortunate, but I am extremely thankful to be surrounded by great friends and family. Many of my friends and family kept me in their daily prayers so that the Lord would open another great door for me. After the first few days went by, I looked at my job loss as a blessing. I was blessed that me and my family were healthy, we had a supportive family and a roof over our head.

Growing up, our family never had a whole lot since we had six kids and my parents farmed, so I knew I was a strong woman and could endure this hardship. During the past 51 days, I was able to spend more quality time with my kids, meet up with friends that I hadn't seen in a while, organize our new home and reflect on what I really wanted to do, through prayer.


We were thankful that our daycare worked with us to take the kids to part-time. We absolutely love the daycare center our kids go to, but we couldn't afford the full-time rate we were paying. We sent the kids every morning so they kept a routine and I picked them up shortly before noon. I always thought I would get so much done in the morning, but it's crazy how quick those mornings go.

Through this process, I realized there are still caring people in this world. When I lost my job, I called my hairstylist Erin Virchow-Perrine and told her I needed to cancel my appointment because I couldn't afford to have my hair done right now. She said, we are keeping your appointment and your hairstyle is on me because you can't go to an interview with bad looking hair. Seriously, I teared up when I got her text message that day. It made me realize that there are good people in this world! 
Throughout this process, I prayed daily. I prayed that the Lord would open another door for me and give me an opportunity where my education and experience would be valued. I wanted a manager and team who valued me as an employee! I found some inspirational quotes on Instagram (thegoodquote and thegoodquote.co) and Facebook (GodFruits, Billy Cox Motivation and The Law of Attraction Network.com). I kept these quotes handy and whenever I got down, I looked at them and it lifted me up. Below are some of the great quotes I found.

As a Mom, I needed to stay strong for my kids. They count on me everyday to provide them the love and support they need. I found myself enjoying my kids more during the day and in the evenings, learning more about their quirks and having them pray with me too.

As a mother, wife, friend, and daughter, I want to leave you with these few words. If you have a true friend who is going through a tough event in their life, a divorce, job loss, loss of a loved one or a terrible injury or health matter, reach out to them from time to time. We are all human and we will let you know, if we need our space. However, most times people will not ask for help or a shoulder to cry on when they need one. They need their true friends and family to be there for them and listen. I want to say THANK YOU to my TRUE friends and family who reached out with me during the past 51 days. I value your friendship a great deal! The phone calls, text messages, emails to ask how the job search was going has helped me get through this. In tough situations like the one, you can honestly tell who your true friends are. Sometimes the Lord puts us through these trials to make us stronger and weed out the people who aren't meant to be in our lives. The Lord up above is always the one in control and he has a plan for each of us.

As I end this, I wanted to tell you all that I start my new career adventure on Monday. I am blessed to have found a great opportunity that will help me continue advancing my career and something that will challenge me to become a better mother and employee.

May the Lord bless you and your families!

Much love,
Janet

Below are the great quotes I found and kept close! 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment