{padding:0 3px}

Monday, June 2, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

This past weekend was great but would have been awesome if I would have felt better. I caught the same crud the entire family has had and it hasn't been fun. I went to the doctor this morning to make sure I didn't have pneumonia or bronchitis the way I felt but he confirmed it was just a virus that lasts 7-10 days. Lovely, not what I wanted to hear.

On Friday, my younger sister, Linda, came up for the weekend. We had a late Friday evening catching up on family gossip. Dave sat up with us but wondered when we were going to quit chatting and head to bed.On Friday, R-man turned 10-months and his cousin baby-B turned 5-months. It's crazy how much bigger R-man looks.

Baby-B (5 months) & R-man (10-months)

On Saturday morning, Linda and I woke up around 6 to get ready to head to mile marker three of Dam to Dam. My brother, Ray and sister-n-law, Tina were running it so we wanted to cheer them on. This was the first year Ray was running it and I didn't envy him at all with the humidity. They both looked great at mile 3 but around mile 10 is when they started to wonder when the end was in sight. We also cheered for my friend Laura - follow her blog today!

Ray & Tina at mile 3 during Dam to Dam


Laura running Dam to Dam around mile 3
After we saw them run past, we headed to meet with our realtor at a house plan that is similar to ours. I was excited to show my sister the layout of our new home. There are things she liked about the plan but a few things she didn't like but I told her to build a house exactly like we wanted would be over $500K and we don't have that kind of money. There are things you give and take in a house plan when you're working within a budget.

In the afternoon, we digital scrapbooked using MixBook.com. I'm hoping to get little-C's book complete before her third birthday!

On Sunday, the kids enjoyed the park and the pool. Of course, I forgot to take photos of the pool but hopefully I can get some this weekend if it's nice! 

Baby-B and Little-C swinging.
Baby-B and R-man swinging

No comments :

Post a Comment