{padding:0 3px}

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Father's Day Weekend Wrap Up

This post is a bit late but I thought it was important to post a weekend wrap-up since it was Father's Day weekend.

Growing up, Father's Day was special to me because I was extremely close to my Dad. I am one of six children, there are three girls and three boys. I'm the second oldest girl. My brother's were all too small to run the farm equipment so I was the one in charge so that's why I have such a great relationship with my Dad. Father's Day even means more to me now since I have a great husband who is the fabulous father to our two children.

In the early part of the week, I asked Dave if he was interested in heading home to visit our parents since it had been a while and we just needed to get out of town. We each called our Mom's to make sure our Dad's were going to be around before we made the trip. My parents were going to be home but Dave's weren't so we thought, what the heck, we'll head home anyway so the kids can enjoy the farm.

On the way home, I called my Dad to wish him a Happy Father's Day and he was sad that it had rained so he couldn't be out raking hay. I told him he wasn't supposed to be working on Father's Day and part of me was glad it had rained so he was home. As we pulled into the driveway, my parents were sitting in front of the house and my Dad wondered whose black car just drove in. As I stepped out he was surprised and said, "You were halfway home when you called me."  Yup, once in a while a little girl can surprise her Dad!

The kids had a great time and enjoyed spending time with grandpa!  Little-C loved sitting on the tractors, going for a 4-wheeler ride and riding the pedal tractor.

Little-C and Ben enjoying the tractor.
Dad and R-man - he isn't sure what to think.
Little-C loves the 4-wheeler rides. 
I wanted to get some shots of the corn so we headed out to the 'best field' that my Dad had to take some photos. It was great that my younger brother, Ray was able to come home for the day too so we could get a few photos of his family too. 

My Dad and I with R-man 
Grandma & Grandpa Bruck with R-man, Little-C and Ben
Ray, Tina and Ben 
Little-C checking out the corn
Photo opportunity with the family! 
Little-C  couldn't quite pedal on the rough ground so my Dad got on his hands and knees and pushed her through the grass to the field. Can you tell that he loves his grandkids just a bit? 


When we were about to pack up and leave my parents, Dave said that he had received a text from his parents that they were on their way home from the lake so we thought we'd surprise them on our way back home. 

Grandpa & Grandma Wilwerding with Little-C and R-man
It was a great weekend and we are glad we made the day trip home. We've learned that it's much easier to make day trips home on the weekends than pack what feels like our whole house up for just one night. Kids require a lot of extra items but they're worth it!


No comments :

Post a Comment