{padding:0 3px}

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

This past weekend was an exhausting one and I'm wishing I had another day at home before heading into the work week. On Friday evening, Dave and I put together Little C's new bed. She hasn't been sleeping too well in her toddler bed so we thought we'd convert it into a full size bed.  Dave spoiled her and bought her Minnie Mouse sheets - she absolutely loves them.


On Friday evening, Dave and I headed to the Iowa Speedway for the American Ethanol 200 truck race. I don't love racing but Dave does so we thought we'd enjoy the beautiful evening. We left before the race was over to avoid traffic!  Plus, it was nice to get home early since Saturday was going to be a long day. I am very thankful for my Mom because she came up to watch the kids for the weekend!  She loves spending time with them and they love spending time with her.  Plus, it's so fun hearing Little C say, Grandma Bruck.


On Saturday morning, we headed to the Ankeny Summer Fest parade. Little C was all about collecting candy!  She was disappointed when the firetrucks and marching bands were first because she kept looking in her bag saying, I don't have any candy!  It was a warm and muggy one at the parade but the kids had a good time for the hour and a half we were there.

Would have been a good family photo if there wasn't something
on the lens of the camera.
Little C enjoying the Clydesdales at the Ankeny Summerfest Parade.
The kids can't wait for the parade to start.
My Mom and I with the kiddos!
 
Little C had to have her ring pop opened. She was on a sugar high!
After the parade, I quickly changed, at something for lunch and gathered my things as one of my co-workers was picking me up shortly before noon to head to the Iowa Speedway for the Iowa Corn Indy 300. It was going to  be a long day since we had to be out there around 1:00 p.m. and the race didn't start until 7:30 p.m. Overall, it was a good day and thankfully it didn't get rained out. Dave and I also celebrated our 11th Anniversary. Thankfully we were able to spend a good portion of the day together with the start/finish line before the race and Victory Lane!  I do have some good perks with my job.

Dave and I at the Start/Finish line
Sunset during the Iowa Corn Indy 300
Dave and I in Victory Lane
On Sunday, it was a relaxing day with a bit of house cleaning, shopping and spending time with the kids! Once everyone woke up and got ready, we wen to Village Inn for breakfast. After we got home we had to assure to get a photo of Grandma Bruck with the kids. Later in the evening, Little C got to play with her squirt guns that I bought her at Target. She loves them but is still a bit confused on how to fill them.

Grandma Bruck with R Man and Little C
Let's see how far this will go.
Not exactly sure how to fill it up.
Wow, that's awesome!

No comments :

Post a Comment