{padding:0 3px}

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up (July 19 & 20)

This post is a bit late due to our busy schedules.

On Friday evening, I was in the cake baking mood. I have a good friend, whom I met in graduate school who had triplets last year. They are two weeks older than R-man. He'll have three best buddies when he get's old enough tot understand. I told her I'd make each of the boys a smash cake and I'd make the large sheet cake for their guests. Her theme was "construction" so I knew I had to incorporate equipment somehow in the cake. I found a design that I liked and I knew I'd be able to make it look good, just as long as I had quiet time to get it done. I had to wait until the kids were in bed to begin baking and decorating but after a few hours, they turned out quite well.  

The triplets smash cakes.
The construction sheet cake.

On Saturday morning, Dave took the cakes over to my friend to assure they arrived safely before their party. We cleaned up the house after he returned because we were having friends over later that evening. Around 10:45, we headed over to my friends house for the triplets party. As you can tell, R-man loved hanging out with them. Although, I learned that he "hates" grass, I mean hates it. We had to force him to put his feet down on the grass because he didn't want it to touch his feet.


Triplets and R-man having fun at the water table.
 R-man was extremely exhausted after the party that he took a good nap on the way home. And, even stay sleeping when I carried him into the house. Note: his clothes are different in this photo because he got his original pair soaking wet at the water table. Little-C had her's soaking wet too, but I didn't have an extra pair for her in the diaper bag. I am still living and learning as a Mom.

After the party, we returned home to get a few things ready for our guests that were coming over around 4:00. Our friends that were coming over included members that used to come to my cycling classes when I taught at Accel Fitness. Fitness World purchased them almost two years ago.  I do miss teaching classes for them, but thankfully we have become really good friends!  And as you can tell, our kids have too! Maybe someday, I'll open my own cycling studio.

The kids enjoying the table. R-man had to sit with them because his high chair wasn't close enough.
Having a little fun in the water.
The kids enjoying the water a little too much!
The night wouldn't be complete without the bounce house.
The cycling group of guys. Dave used to come to my classes too!
The cycling group of ladies and the kids!
On Sunday, we went to church at 8:30. We suddenly realized why we go to church on Saturday evenings. The kids have way too much energy in the mornings and sitting still and being quiet for an hour isn't in their deck of cards. After church we headed to Ames because R-man needed some clothes for his 1-year photos. I know...how can he be almost 1!  Honestly, I'm glad that Dave and I would like to have three kids because if I had to say that the baby stage was over, I'd be extremely sad.

We drove to the mall and realized that it opened at noon so we went to eat at Hickory Park to kill time. You can never go wrong with a meal at Hickory Park. We had to be sure to enjoy ice cream because after all it was National Ice Cream Day! 
Waiting patiently for her meal.
R-man loves ice cream and can't wait to taste it!
After lunch, we headed back to the mall area. We found several outfits at the GAP Outlet store. If you haven't been, I would highly suggest it because they have awesome deals.  Little-C likes shopping a bit too much. We may have a problem when she get's older. It's funny and cute now, but most likely when she's 13, it won't be! 
Our little shopping diva! 
After running our errands, we headed back to Ankeny. The kids fell asleep so we thought we'd run to Party City in Ankeny to get some things for R-man's birthday. Since my friend had a construction theme, Dave thought R-man needed a theme too. We went with a Farmhouse theme so hopefully he loves it.

No comments :

Post a Comment