{padding:0 3px}

Monday, May 12, 2014

What Mother's Day Means to Me Now!

Growing up, I don't remember celebrating Mother's Day much except for what we did in school. When I was in elementary school we always made gifts for our Mom. The one I remember the most is making bath crystals and putting them in a used glass salad dressing bottle. This was a 1st grade ritual because all of my siblings made one too. Now as a mother, I'm wondering if I'd like one of those too!

As I grew older, I became nonchalant about the day. It was just another Sunday in May. Or that's how it was seen in my household because the chores were more important. However, my feelings changed when I became a mother. Everything changes when you birth a child, I mean everything. I began to see Mother's Day as a day to be treated and to be reminded of how lucky I am that God has given me two beautiful children. I finally understood why my mother loved Mother's Day so much. 

Mother's Day 2014


Before I became a Mom, I never understood why Mom's got so excited about every little thing their children did. Every time a toddler went potty, new artwork they brought home from school/daycare, the times they slept through the night and the first day they started school. Okay, now as a Mom of two, I can totally relate to all of these things and now I too tell all of the Mom's I know about my children's milestones! I have become somewhat of a softie and will do whatever it takes to keep my children safe!

Once they are born, it's crazy how quickly your heart melts and how much you love that little bundle of joy. I never knew I could love someone so small, so much! As I look into each of their eyes, I'm excited to watch them grow up and become citizens of this crazy society that we all live in. I will teach them everything I know and everything my parents have taught me growing up.

I am lucky that I get to call these two my 'children' and I look forward to the years to come as their Mother.

This year, I told Dave I didn't want much since we are in the process of building a new home. He made these pieces of artwork with each of them that I'll treasure forever.
Canvas artwork the kids made. 

No comments :

Post a Comment