{padding:0 3px}

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

This past weekend was spent at home and we managed to get the house cleaned up and laundry finished. Friday night, we enjoyed the beautiful weather. We realized that it's getting harder to get the kids to kids indoors after playing outside. They absolutely love it and I must admit...so do I!  There is nothing like breathing in fresh Iowa air! 
R-man (9-months) enjoying swinging. 
Little-C enjoying swinging too but hates to pose for photos. 
Saturday morning, I taught cycling at the Ankeny YMCA. I absolutely love teaching cycling and sometimes wish I taught more but right now my kids are my priority so hopefully in the distant future, I'll be able to teach in the early mornings (5 am) or evenings. Thankfully, we got caught up on laundry (a never ending job) before heading to evening mass at Our Ladies Immaculate Heart Catholic Church. Dave had to commentate but we have found that going to church on Saturday evenings works much better than 8:30 am on Sunday. Both kids seem to have too much energy to sit still for an hour on Sunday morning.

After church, we rented a few movies. We had to rent the movie "Frozen" because everyone has been asking us if little-C has seen it. We never have cartoons or movie's on that she can watch so I was surprised with how well she sat to watch the movie. She was all worried about where the princess was the entire time. She sometimes seems to be a 'princess' herself these days. I must admit, Dave and I really enjoyed the movie too. The music reminded us of the Broadway shows that we love to see at the Des Moines Civic Center

On Sunday, Dave headed outside to plant squash and zucchini with little-C. She loves helping in the garden and using her new garden tools that the Easter bunny brought her. 
Little-C helping plant the seeds.
Little-C digging with her new shovel. 
We also heard about the Ankeny Prairie Trail Hy-Vee having free pony rides. We thought little-C would love to ride the pony and when we got there it was only a three minute ride. Let's just say, that three minute ride went way too fast. When the time was up, she didn't want to get off. My brother's girlfriend has a few horses so we'll have to have her give little-C a ride on them the next time we are home.

Not sure about the pony ride at first. 

Loving the pony ride after she got used to it. 
We made a few lunches for the week as well. We did make taco salad, which is always a treat! It's super quick and easy but not something that little-C liked. She tried it and spit it out and said, "I don't like it." She does the same with pickles but I hope her taste buds change as she get's a bit older. 

I also had to capture our blooming daffodils and tulips. We may have to dig up a few of these to plant at our new house. 


1 comment :

  1. It looks like you had a fun and full weekend! We borrowed Frozen from our local library last week and watched it this weekend. My 3 year old Klayton loved it and now plays pretend of helping Anna escape the winter storm after her heart has been froze. And that is just after watching it once! I am amazed at kid's memories and imaginations!

    ReplyDelete