{padding:0 3px}

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Memorial Weekend Wrap Up

Our family enjoyed the Memorial weekend and were able to relax, catch up on various things in the house, plant flowers and plant the remainder of our vegetable garden. We also had to mow the lawn and trim but Dave had a little helper to fix the weed eater.

Little-C helping Dave fix the weed eater.
On Saturday morning, I taught cycling but only had a few participants due to the nice weather. The remainder of the day we packed up a few things to take to our storage unit. Yes, we had to rent a storage unit to clean out our closets, store the baby clothes and toys to make our house look bigger - or that's what we hope for once viewers look at it! We hope to put it on the market soon but we need to determine the approximate completion date of our new home first. We want to avoid moving to an apartment, if we can.



On Sunday, I spent the day in the kitchen making 12 dozen mini cupcakes (6 white/6 chocolate) and one giant cupcake for a graduation party. I was told to think 'cotton candy' colors when I decorated them! I think they turned out nicely and they tasted delicious too. The kids even enjoyed them, especially Ryan.

 
R-man and his trails of cake.
On Monday, we took things to the storage unit and realized we have a lot more to go to get this house 'show ready.' We also had a delicious lunch at Chilis and little-C enjoyed her first ear of corn of the season!
Little-C enjoying corn on the cob at Chilis.
We attended the graduation party for the gal I made the cupcakes for but we didn't stay too long because R-man had just awaken from his nap and we realized we only had 2 ounces of milk left. When those 2 ounces were gone, he wanted more!  We transitioned him over to formula about a month ago but we didn't have any extra formula packets with us. I know, you would think I would be well prepared since this is my second child. Nope, even a Mom like me forgets simple things like that.

The kids also enjoyed swinging in the beautiful weather!

Little-C (2 years 5 month) - R-man (9 1/2 months)
And, I'm wondering why I didn't have a cozy coupe when I was a kid.

The enjoying their rides!            

No comments :

Post a Comment