{padding:0 3px}

Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

This past weekend, we spent most of it outdoors. On Saturday morning, our entire family headed to the DMACC campus in Ankeny to take part in the March of Dimes walk. This year, our friends, Mike and Melissa Vogel were the March of Dimes ambassador family. Their twins were born at 27 weeks and spent 138 days in the hospital, hence the their team name - Team 138!  Click here to watch Mike and Melissa's story and their chance to give back to March of Dimes. This year, Team 138 raised over $21,000. Their goal was $13,800. 
Getting ready for the walk with 3,000 other walkers.

Dave & Melissa Vogel walking for Team 138! 
Little-C walking with her friends around the DMACC lake. 
Dave and Little-C enjoying the train ride after the walk. 
Our family is incredibly grateful we have become such great friends with the Vogel's. Their children's challenges throughout their first three and a half years has taught us that anything can be overcome through prayer.

Little-C enjoying the train ride and walking to go for another ride.
After the walk, Dave and I met our Realtor at a home to assure we liked the tile that we choose for the house. I'm a visual person so I need to see things on a large scale to assure I like it. I'll be posting pictures soon on the items that we choose for the house.

After viewing the home, we came home so Dave could mow lawn. He's an awesome husband because I haven't had to mow lawn since little-C was born. I kind of miss mowing but I hate trimming and he says, if you don't mow, trim and leaf blow the driveway and street off then he'll take care of it. Part of me doesn't have a problem with this because I'd rather be spending time with my kids than mowing, trimming and cleaning for an hour!

Later on Saturday afternoon, little-C and I went shopping at Scheels for some keen sandals. Before stopping at Scheels, we grabbed dinner at McDonalds. We aren't fond of fast food at our house but we needed to eat quick and run before it got too late. Little-C loved her first happy meal experience. Yes, I said first! We will not be visiting often because I am not fond of 'fast food' as a Mom! I want my kids to eat healthy homemade meals at home.
Enjoying her first experience but don't worry - we will not be visiting often. 
Once we made it to Scheels, we found a pair of keens that were $50. I was hoping for a sale! I realized the kids sizes only go to size 7 and she needed an 8. The kids sizes were on sale but not her's. Dang, now shoes are about to cost us more?

She was so well behaved when we went shopping and I kind of had her wound up once we got home. Oh well, it was Mother's Day weekend so I could spoil my little girl if I wanted.

On Sunday morning, Dave offered to make breakfast but I'm not much for a big breakfast. We did some odds and ends around the house, laundry, scrubbing the floors and dishes. We needed a few things to get ready for an upcoming trip so Little-C and I headed to the store. Before making the stop, we treated ourselves to Marble Slab Creamery. Little-C loved it! She had blue cotton candy, which wasn't all that bad (I had to sample it).
This blue cotton candy is delicious! 
After running errands, we took a walk to CVS Pharmacy to get a few things. It was a great three mile walk and we were thankful it was a beautiful afternoon before the storms rolled in.

Mother's Day was a success and I am thankful that God gave me two wonderful children to nurture and raise.

No comments :

Post a Comment