{padding:0 3px}

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up (August 15-17)

This past weekend was extremely busy and it was spent with family. It started early for Dave and the kids as daycare was closed on Friday.  Since I was spending the day at the Iowa State Fair for Iowa Corn Day, Dave was on kid duty and decided to invite his parents up for the day to spend some time  at the fair.  Unfortunately, the day was a little rainy, so there is no better way to spend a rainy day at the fair than with an ice cream break!

As usual, only one child is smiling.  Little C is sure enjoying her ice cream though!
Between R-man's nap time and the rain, they all heading home around lunch time so R-man and Grandpa could get their nap in.  Despite the rain, they all had a great day and the kids, as always, loved getting spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa!


On Friday evening, my brother Randy stayed as we were doing the Warrior Dash on Saturday morning. We signed up for the 9:15 a.m. flight so we had to get to bed early since it was in Earlham and it was an hour away.

For those that do not know what the Warrior Dash is, it's a 3.3 mile course with 12 obstacles. The obstacles are basically like military obstacles. The Warrior Dash on Saturday was extremely challenging as it had rained all day on Friday so the obstacles were muddy. The hills didn't have a dry spot on them and it felt like we were walking in the cattle yards back at the farm. You had to walk down most of the hills, otherwise you may risk injuring your tailbone if you slipped and fell. Randy and I did watch a guy break his angle on "Warrior Peak," which is an osbtacle about 2/3 of the way through the course. I was at the top of the peak when I saw him slip down the wall and 'crack.'  Needless to say, I was a little freaked out to crawl down the remainder of the wall.

My attire, post-race. I should have worn lighter clothing
so you could see really how dirty I was.

My brother Randy and I - we survived.

The Goliath obstacle. I was freaked out to walk across the small board
with the water flowing, but I did it without falling.

The slide on the Goliath. My brother loved it, but I was a bit scared.
The mud pit after going down the slide. The mud you see is
about how the hills looked on the course.
Trying to clean off under the Hagie sprayer that was filled with water.
Our delicious beverages post race.
After we got home, we couldn't wait to take a clean shower. After the mud sits on you for an hour, it's quite gross. My brother was headed to the Iowa State Fair with his girlfriend and I was destined for a long nap. Later that evening we headed to the Iowa State Fair with my brothers to watch the Lady A. concert. It was a fun time! It's very rare that we are out until midnight, but it was worth it because we had fun.
My brother's and I with the 'Green Screen' at the Iowa State Fair.
FoodnFamilies
Iowa Food & Family Project Sand Sculpture.

The back of the Iowa Food & Family sand sculpture.
Tina & I having a little fun before the concert!

My brother's and I in the big lounger.
My brother Ray and Dave.
Dave and I at the Lady A concert.

We left right in time to see the fireworks from the parking lot.
Sunday was a relaxing day, but I was a bit sore from the Warrior Dash so I moved a bit slow. Little-C loved playing with my boots, but she realized they were a bit too tall for her once she started walking.
Enjoying walking in Mommy's boots.

No comments :

Post a Comment