{padding:0 3px}

Monday, January 25, 2016

Mom's surprise Birthday party (January 2016)

This past weekend, we celebrated my Mom's 58th birthday! We had a great time and better yet, my Mom was surprised that everyone could keep a secret on what was going on. Saturday morning she found out I was heading home, and I hadn't told her so she suspected something might be going on.

Saturday morning I got up at 5:30 am to decorate Mom's cake. She loves spring and I think after this cold weather we are all ready for spring so I made a colorful cake. I had to get up early because I had to teach cycling at the Ankeny Y at 8 am.


On the way home, snow was blowing across the road so that made for more of an interesting drive. But the trip was worth it because the kids got together and Mom had a great time.
Mom excited about her cake!
Getting photos of the grandkids with the cake and Grandma. Well, this one tried to eat the cake rather than pose for a photo.
Mom with the grandkids, minus Jacob.
Ready to blow out the candles. No there weren't 58 on the cake.
Ready to help Grandma below out the candles.
The family
The Grandkids
Mom and Dad with their girls.
Mom with her girls.
The kids having a great time giving R-man a ride.

No comments :

Post a Comment