{padding:0 3px}

Monday, August 10, 2015

Time with Cousins

Last week, I took a few days off to spend with my older sister and her three kids. As younger siblings, we fought a lot because we are so close in age - 16 months to be exact. Let's hope this doesn't reflect the same upon my children when they get older since they are only 19 1/2 months apart!

On Thursday, we went to The Playground for Kids in Ankeny. Kids ages 12 and under can play on the playground and jump in the bounce houses. All of the kids had a great time and R-man tried to keep up with the big kids. Sometimes scaring me a bit too much.



Fun going down the bounce house slide.
After we were finished, we ventured over to Johnston to eat at Encore Pizza. Encore has great homemade pizza and delicious salad bar! My nephew was amazed that the owner, Dennis Gibson, played in the NFL for 9 years. Gibson played for the Detroit Lions and San Diego Chargers. After lunch we headed out to Sky Zone, the indoor trampoline park. The kids had a blast, but C and R were bummed that they couldn't jump with the big kids. They do that to protect them, but they don't quite understand that!

After we left Sky Zone, we thought the kids would fall asleep - they didn't! So we stopped by Saylorville to show everyone the dam.
The Kinney's with C & R.
My older sister Becky.
On Friday, we wanted something a little more low key that didn't cost money. We ventured out to Big Creek Lake. It was the first time the kids have been around sand. They weren't too sure what to think of it at first and at one point C said, "Mom, this place smells like cows, I prefer the swimming pool." Well, I do too. At one point, I was standing there and a fish came up and nibbled at my leg. That was enough for me. I think we'll stick to swimming at the pool where it's clean water and no sand! The sand was everywhere once we got home. The kids did have a fun time and so did C and R's cousins.
All the kids at Big Creek Lake.
Building sand castles.

Praying the fish don't eat her feet during the floatie ride.
 
Overall, it was a fun few days and it got my sister and her kids away from home before they begin school. Yes, my youngest nephew started 1st grade today in Omaha.
One last trip with his cousin D on the gator before he leaves!

No comments :

Post a Comment