{padding:0 3px}

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up (10.24 - 10.26)

Family time is very important to me and as I see my kids growing up before my very own eyes, I've realized that I need to live the weekends to the fullest. In the evenings, Dave and I only have two to three hours with them before they need to get to bed so doing fun and exciting things on the weekends is extremely important.

On Friday, I took the day off to get my nephew for the weekend. Now, let me preface, I had good intentions to keep him for the entire weekend! I picked him up, headed to my ENT appointment as I thought I had an ear infection (he told me it was only a virus), and then ventured home to get dinner ready for our friends that were coming over. As a farm kid, I always try to prepare a farm type meal. The meal included; chicken and stuffing glazed with peaches, au gratin potatoes, squash and homemade pumpkin bars. Yup, I love to cook just like I'm on the farm!
Little-C with her buddy!

Friday night was a little rough as my nephew was up three times during the night. With my head cold and little sleep, I was feeling a little under the weather. But, we decided to head to Center Grove Orchard to enjoy the beautiful weather. You can't beat a 70 degree day at the end of November. When we went to pay to get into Center Grove, Dave said he had two adults and three children under the age of three. The gal working said, I sympathize with you, but Dave quickly told her that one of them wasn't his! Yup, we had kids that were 2 1/2, 15 months and 10 months! Call us crazy that we even decided to go to the pumpkin patch, but they had a great time.
The best photo we could get with the three of them.

The kids had fun on the cars, corn pool, in the little houses, seeing the animals, jumping on the balloon and picking out their pumpkins. R-man loved the cars and had to ride twice. After we took him off it was a battle as he was kicking and screaming. Yes, he has an attitude at 15 months. Little-C loved the jumping balloon and she didn't seem to care that most of the kids were twice her size. Getting her off was a challenge, but I let Dave handle that.
They both seemed to love it except for their cousin.
All boy and loved every minute!
R-man being himself.
Hopefully she's more excited about school in three years!
Loving the goat - R-man loved it more than Little-C.
Enjoying the ducks!
She's having a blast on the jumping balloon.
His favorite thing at Center Grove Orchard.


We attempted to have Dave's cousin who we saw at the Orchard take a group photo, but it's nearly impossible with three under three. They all looked like they hated the Orchard, but I promise they did like it.
You get what you can get with three kids.




Instead of going out to the pumpkin patch, we let the kids pick a pumpkin that was near the exit! They both wanted a pumpkin that was twice their size!

After we left the orchard, we quickly drove home and tried to get all the kids down for a nap. My whole thought of having twins one day was rethought after both kids wanted on my lap. R-man was extremely jealous when I was holding his cousin and insisted on being held too. It exhausted me every time I tried to go to the restroom because both of them were at my legs wanting up!

So my thought of keeping my 10 month old nephew for the entire weekend was quickly brought to a close after he awoke from his nap and screamed. He screamed when Dave picked him up, screamed when I took him and screamed when we put him on the floor. I called my sister and asked if she could meet me halfway to take him back. Let me tell you, it was the best decision we made because on Saturday night, we slept for nine hours! Nine hours of uninterrupted sleep! I felt like a new lady on Sunday.

Sunday was spent visiting my older brother so Dave could help him install metal shelving in his closet. Dave is Mr. Fix It!  I never knew this prior to marrying him 11 years ago, but he has saved us so much money over the years because he can do nearly everything himself.

The kids loved the battery operated 4-wheeler. I'm still trying to get Dave convinced that the kids need one from Santa! 



After we got home, it was pumpkin carving time! The kids had a great time and I was even excited to make pumpkin seeds. It's been forever since I've had those as a kid. We thought we'd make a Mickey Mouse with the pumpkin as Little-C is obsessed with him!






That's all for this weekends post! It was a fun filled weekend and I'm looking forward to another one this upcoming weekend.

No comments :

Post a Comment