{padding:0 3px}

Monday, September 1, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up (Labor Day Aug. 29-Sept. 1)

This weekend was extremely productive and much more so because we had a 4-day weekend. Dave and I took Friday off to get a few things done with the new house.

Friday
We tried to keep the kiddos on schedule and sent them to daycare close to normal time. From there we ventured to Factory Direct to pick out our appliances. This was an exciting thing for me because I was finally able to get a full size refrigerator!  Check out the appliances we choose here. As we were leaving, I checked out the display they had set-up for a basement and it had a mini dishwasher. I'll have to sweet talk Dave into getting one of those for the basement when we put in our bar!

Afterwards, we ventured home so that I could bake cakes for a friend's 40th birthday party. I had ordered a few edible images from Gogo cakes, to make them easier. When I was baking them, I was wishing I had my double oven so that I could bake two at once!
The sheet cake that is white and strawberry. 
This is a chocolate cake.   

Later that afternoon, we headed over to our new house to meet the blind people. Great Plains Blind Factory is who we are using again. They did our current house and did an awesome job. We priced around before using them and they were by far the cheapest. The good thing is, they'll have the blinds ordered and installed the day we get possession.

After we picked the kids up, we weren't about to make dinner so we headed to Guadalara Mexican Restaurant. The kids actually loved it!
Little-C enjoying her fried ice cream. 
Thank goodness for Mac 'N Cheese at the Mexican Restaurant. 
Saturday
We woke up around normal time, 7:00 for a weekend and packed up and ventured to Ames for the football game. We were supposed to meet our friends around 8:30 at our tailgate spot, lot G6. We weren't sure how well the kids would do with tailgating and the game, but surprisingly, they did awesome.



Thankful for the blanket because it entertained the kids. 
During the game, Little-C was all worried about where bird was. When he did come to see her, Dave didn't get a good photo of it!

The best family photo we got! 


Making sure she can see bird! 
Playing on the hillside. 
Even though it was loud, he slept during the 1st and 2nd quarter. 
We left near the end of the third quarter because the kids were spent and we were all tired and hungry.

On our way out of Ames, we decided to stop by Hickory Park to have a late lunch so that the kids would sleep well when we got home.
He was a bit excited about his ice cream. 
I had good intentions of going to the 40th birthday party for my friend, but the kids were super tired and kinda crabby after being at the game all day so we both stayed home to get them to bed early.

Sunday
We went to church, and thankfully the kids were pretty well behaved. Sometimes early morning masses can be a challenge.

My Dad also came up to bring us more moving boxes!  Thanks to my sister for getting them for me because they have been awesome. They are all the same size so they make staking a lot easier.

Later that day we packed, packed and packed some more!  After this weekend, we are feeling good about the basement, but we still have the upstairs to go!

Enjoying their cozy coupe's. 
Little-C enjoyed pushing her brother in her baby stroller. He was super sad when we took him out.


Monday (Labor Day)
The kids, Dave and I woke up around 7:30, which is awesome! We hardly get to sleep in anymore so when we do, we enjoy it.

I decided I needed to get back into the workout routine so the kiddos and I headed to CVS Pharmacy to pick up a prescription and we went to Hy-Vee to get a few groceries. Running home with a full size watermelon in the storage area made it a bit more difficult.


We caught up on laundry, made meals for the week, went shopping for new decor for R-man's room and went to visit  friends. Her daughter and little-C are about the same age so they play so nice together. Little-C couldn't wait to get her bounce house out because it had been a while!


No party is complete without the bounce house. 

No comments :

Post a Comment