{padding:0 3px}

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

Wow, the weekend is over but I feel like we got a lot accomplished. On Friday night, I enjoyed a great night out with my girlfriends. We laughed a lot but we all needed it! We are all working mother's or work with mother's who have children. Honestly, it's a great time away from the kids and our husbands! We all love them dearly but sometimes a mama needs time to herself!

Melissa, Janet, Sarah & Kate at Table 128
We enjoyed dinner at Nick's Bar & Grill and then headed to Table 128 Bistro and Bar for a night cap before heading home. Oh, I must mention that I was glad Nick's had a TV so I could cheer on the Cyclones. If you haven't been to Table 128, you must go!  Their sea salt chocolate chip cookies are amazing. They also have excellent dinner!  The group of ladies just enjoy talking about things that our husbands don't understand like; daycare challenges, multi-tasking successfully and trying to do it without stress (is this even possible?), potty training and buying or building a new home. There are far too many items to discuss but those are just a few!

After I headed home, I prayed that the kids would sleep all night since I had to get up early to teach cycling at the Ankeny Y. I have been teaching cycling for about six years and I absolutely love it. My Saturday morning classes were packed with 16 people in the 8:00 class and 19 people in the 9:00 class. Even though I teach both classes, the 9:00 class isn't any easier. I love to push people because it's their workout, not mine! During those two classes I burned 1,957 calories..

After cycling class, I quickly returned home to get ready for the realtors. We are thinking about selling our house so we really wanted to know what it's worth. We were happy with what they said but when they mentioned possibly putting it on the market in three weeks, I kind of panicked. Could I really clean this the way it needed to be cleaned in three weeks without a cleaning lady?  We will see!
Little-C at Sakari enjoying edamame.

I was extremely hungry in the afternoon since I ate very minimal for lunch but I was saving it for the Sakari Sushi Lounge. This would be little-C and R-man's first sushi experience. We ordered little-C edamame and she loved it. She loved using the chopsticks and dipping the beans in the soy sauce. Dave and I enjoyed the shrimp tempura, fire cracker, bruce lee and Iowa surf & turf. Little-C even ate a shrimp tempura roll! This is definitely one of our favorite sushi places in the metro.

Sunday is typically our lazy day but not this weekend. We made R-man's baby food but I'll write more about that during this weeks $40 grocery budget. We went to look at house plans and I'm finding that what I want may be a little more challenging than I thought. I'm going to give it time and I'm sure things will come together like they should.

I was proud to cheer the Cyclones onto a victory. Although I don't like nail bitter games because it makes me nearly have a heart attack, I do love the excitement when they win! We are thrilled that they are in the Sweet 16!

Delicious cake balls
Tonight, I made cake balls for my good friend Laura (Rock Paper Scissors)!  I wanted to thank her for the wonderful job she did on my blog header. If you're in need of invitations or something simple, yet creative, drop Laura a message because she's quick and does excellent work.

I hope the week goes quick as I'm excited to spend some quality time with my little sister and nephew this upcoming weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment