{padding:0 3px}

Monday, March 17, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

sheetcake_1st birthday
Chocolate sheet cake for 1st birthday
This past weekend was productive!  I took Friday afternoon off to bake a few cakes before heading out with some friends on Friday evening. For those of you that don't know, I absolutely love to bake and decorate cakes. I consider baking and decorating cakes my stress reliever. This week, I had to make a sheet cake and a smash cake for a 1st birthday!  It was fun and they absolutely loved the cakes they received!  
On Saturday, we met with a realtor as we are contemplating on selling our house and building a new one in Ankeny. Everything seems to be going well so we will see what this spring/summer has in store for us!

smashcake_1st birthday
Smash cake for 1st birthday

Saturday night, ISU played for the Big XII Championship and our household was cheering them on all the way!

 Dave and I had a chance to head down to KC to watch the game but at the last minute we decided to stay home and watch it with our kids.  We were hoping to have both kids asleep before the game started but that only happened with one child. R-man fell asleep right away but little-C was another story. We were trying to get her down for about 15 minutes and when the game came on I told Dave, let her up and sleep on the living room floor. Well, the entire game she was all concerned where 'bird' was so she stayed awake for a majority of the game.  I had to make sure Dave didn't get too excited otherwise R-man would have been awake too. We were super excited when our Clones won!  

On Sunday, we were able to catch up on a few things, laundry, lunches for the week and making R-man's baby food.  I also taught cycling classes at the Ankeny Y at 3 and 4. By the time the two hour workout was over, I had burned almost 1,900 calories. Heck, I could eat whatever I wanted for dinner now! 



No comments :

Post a Comment