{padding:0 3px}

Monday, May 23, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up (5.20.16-5.22.16)

This past weekend was a busy, yet eventful one for the kids. Ryan has been begging me to go home to my parents farm. He absolutely loves to ride on the farm equipment, see the cows, and ride the horses.

On Friday night, we went home and stopped at Dave's parents first so he could mow their lawn. As soon we pulled in their driveway, Ryan said, this isn't where I wanted to go. I wanted to go to the farm to see the cows. He's such a boy.

On our way home, I had to be sure to take a photo of the majestic clouds. They looked so beautiful with the farm field.

We stayed with my brother and as soon as the kids awoke, they wanted to head outside to see the horses. Saturday wasn't as warm as we thought, so luckily Dave packed clothes for the kids. I must admit, when we head home, he packs everything.  He always says, just pack your bag, I have everything else. I'm one lucky lady.



After they got to pet the horses and feed them treats, they wanted to venture to feed the cows. I tried to convince them to just look from the fence, but they said that wasn't close enough.





After we finished feeding the cows, we ventured up to one of my parents farms to help cut down trees in a terrace. We made the kids stay in the back of the pick-up to ensure they didn't get near the chain saw.

Dave cutting up the tree.
After we were finished Ryan wanted to ride with Grandpa back to the farm. He loves riding in the tractor every chance he gets.


After we got to the farm, my Dad fueled up the tractor to get ready to head to the field with the planter. I tried to get a photo of the kids, but as you can see they were both afraid that Grandpa was going to take off with them on the wheels.

After the tractor was fueled up, my Dad was ready to fill the boxes with beans. The bags you see are around $60/bag and weight anywhere from 45-50 lbs.




After we had the planter loaded, I wanted to be sure to capture a few photos. My brother get's so annoyed with the photos, but someday he will be glad he has them.

My parents with the kids
Dave and I with the kids
My brother Randy with the kids
My Dad and I
My brother Randy, Dad and I
Dad heading to the field to plant. 
 After we helped my Dad get situated in the field, we headed back to my brother's farm so the kids could actually ride the horse and feed 68 baby chicks that my parents have. Ryan isn't scared of the chicks one bit, but Caroline doesn't care of them at all.









After returning from the farm on Saturday afternoon, we had to prepare to have friends over on Sunday. Caroline made sure to inform Ryan that they were her friends from daycare, not his. I love the little friendships she's already creating.

On Sunday, they had to deliver baby gifts to the neighbor in their gator. The gator is getting a lot of us this year, especially with Ryan driving. He often finds it difficult to stay on the sidewalk, but wants to be in the so called 'fast' gear because the 'slow' gear it way too slow.

No comments :

Post a Comment