{padding:0 3px}

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Mother's Day Weekend 2016

Mother's Day weekend meant a little more this year, since both of the kids are able to understand it. On Friday of Mother's Day weekend, I played in a best ball golf tournament at Terrace Hills in Altoona. It was fabulous weather on that Friday too, 85 degrees! I didn't golf too bad either, so that is good!
Enjoying the beautiful weather at Terrace Hills Golf Course
After I was finished golfing, I called home to ensure I had the clearance to come home. Dave had take the afternoon off so the kids could construct my Mother's Day gift. They both painted flower pots, and Dave used glass stones and pipe cleaners to put their photo in them. I got a kick out of Dave explaining his trip to Hobby Lobby to find all the materials. He said it took him forever to find all the craft items he needed.

The final products!
On Saturday morning, we did the March of Dimes walk. We had several friends walking this year and we wanted to support this great cause. The kids had fun seeing their friends, meeting Mickey, Minnie, Olaf and the princesses (well maybe not Ryan). He clinched his feet so tight around my waist as soon as they got close to him.



The kids had fun walking around the lake with their friend Logan. And at the end they had fun going down the bounce house slide.


On Saturday afternoon, it was the Johnston Kite Festival so we went to check this out with the kids. They had a great time, but the kite Dave and I spent hours making last year, didn't fly. I made one like this in 6th grade and it flew great. I think we made the mistake of using paper straws instead of plastic ones. Needless to say, we won't be making another one anytime soon.



As far as I could get the kite into the air. 
The kids also had fun pretending to be Snoopy! They got to play a the library for a bit too. Notice the puzzle Caroline is playing with. I had one of those same exact puzzles when I was a kid.


The kids  were exhausted after being outside so we headed home and all took a nap. Caroline slept until 5:30 pm so it was too late to drive to and attend the graduation party we were supposed to go to.

On Sunday, I got up early to go on a run. I am not a super fast runner, but speed isn't my goal. Finishing always is.
The gradual hills are always killer.

After I got home, the kids woke up and gave me my Mother's Day pots. I love the expressions on their faces because they were so excited that they painted them themselves.


After I opened my gifts, we headed to church. We had to be sure to get a photo afterwards because the kids were dressed so nice.

Before we headed to the Blank Park Zoo, I tried to get selfies of the kids.


It was a beautiful day so we headed to the Zoo. The Blank Park Zoo is perfect for our kids ages.

The kids favorite part of the Zoo was the giraffe's. They wanted to pay to feed them, but it was $5 a kid for three leaves of lettuce. I decided to forego doing that this time around.

Ryan checking out the hippo's.
Fun on the train ride
Enjoying lunch on the bench

No comments :

Post a Comment