{padding:0 3px}

Monday, July 27, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up (7.24.15 - 7.26.15)

Wow, it's Monday and I already feel like I'm in need of another weekend to relax. It was go, go, go all weekend, but it was a good one.

On Friday evening, we hung out with a few of our neighbors. We are very thankful we live in a neighborhood with a ton of small children and awesome parents. Everyone get's along really well and it's nice to just crack open a beverage and enjoy some good conversations while the kids play.
The kids enjoying the water table.

More water please
On Saturday morning, I taught cycling at the Ankeny YMCA because I was going to teach Body Pump at 2 p.m. I was a bit nervous until 2 p.m. rolled around because I really want to pass this Body Pump course so that I can become certified and learn the new tracks. A special thanks to Dave's parents for making the trip up to watch the kids.

Having fun with Grandma.
Later that afternoon, Dave and I went to dinner at Miyabi 9! If you love sushi and haven't been to the restaurant, I would highly recommend it.

 
After we finished eating, we quickly hit the road to head to Indianola for the National Balloon Classic. The classic really brought us back to six years ago when we were in Australia on a hot air balloon ride. Except our basket in Australia held 18 people! It was an amazing experience and something we certainly want to do again here in Central Iowa.
Skydivers starting out the National Balloon Classic.

Lour friends that have the black and white hot air balloon.
 
 
 
 
The character balloons don't normally fly, but 1 legged Pete did that evening.  They are usually too hard to control, but the air was just right.
Away Pete goes.

My husband and I on our much needed date night.

A panoramic view of the balloon classic.
On Sunday, we went to church - thankfully both kids were good! We ran a few errands and picked up R-man's birthday present. I can't believe the little man will be 2 on Thursday. Where does the time go? 

No comments :

Post a Comment