{padding:0 3px}

Monday, November 10, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up (11.7-11.9)

This past weekend was about ME! I love spending time with my husband and kids on the weekends, but once in a while a Mama needs a day to herself!

I woke up bright and early on Saturday morning (5:40 a.m.) to get ready to head to Underwood to meet my lil' sister for a day of shopping. On my way home, I noticed the skies were absolutely beautiful so I pulled over for some quick photos. I had to capture the beautiful sunrise that was visible in my rear view mirror and the beautiful clouds as I headed west. I made sure to pull over where I knew I could capture a corn field in the background.



Driving home was an adventure because it was so windy. I was thankful I made it safe and sound to Underwood! My Mom wanted to start out our shopping adventure at the Underwood Craft Fair. I had a great time at the craft fair and got a few new bracelets, an ISU wreath and a new 31 bag. The bracelets I bought are not something I normally wear, but the color changes in the light, which is really cool! Sometimes it's good for me to stop outside of my box! The ISU wreath will look great on my pantry door this winter!


Me, My Mom and Lil' Sister Linda
After we finished shopping at the craft fair, we dropped my Mom off so she could head home and Linda and I headed to Omaha for our shopping adventure. A friend of mine told me I should check out Charming Charlie, so Linda took me to the store in Council Bluffs! I was in awe as soon as I stepped inside the store. They have scarves to match any outfit, jewelry to class up any outfit and cute shirts as well. I did get a new shirt and cardigan! I can't wait to sport them at work in the coming weeks.
 Charming Charlie

Charming Charlie
Their scarf collection is amazing - by color too!
Charming Charlie
Jewelry to go with any outfit - by color!
After our few purchases, we ventured onto the outlet mall in Gretna, NE. If you haven't been to Nebraska Crossing Outlets - I strongly encourage you to go! They have a bunch of high end stores for adults and a bunch of kids stores too. I bought several new shirts for myself, which made me happy! I try to use the method of one in, one out! I will get rid of the clothes I strongly dislike and never wear. Yes, I'm sure we all have those types in our closets. When shopping, I tend to buy black and white attire, I tried very hard to step outside of that box, which I did on a few things! The trip was a success, plus I got a third of my Christmas shopping finished! I will have to take a day off during the week to finish the rest. I don't deal well with crowds so a weekday works much better for me.

We left the outlet mall around 5 p.m. and we were completely exhausted. We had good intentions of stopping by H&M, but we were too tired. Once I got back to my little sister's house, I packed up my purchases and hit the road. On the way back, I thought I should stop by Jordan Creek Mall to purchase few new pairs of jeans at the Buckle. As if I didn't have enough shopping in Omaha! I used to hate jean shopping, but once I found a style I like, I love it. You go in, you tell them what style you wear and size and they pull several different ones for you to try on. Of course, they tried to sell me on a few different brands/styles, which I did try on, but BKE Harper is what fits me the best! $140 later on two jeans, I was out the door. Now, some people would probably have a heart attack if they spent that much on two pairs of jeans, but I think about the number of times I wear them over the course of many years, it's totally worth it to me.

On Sunday, it was a day of cleaning. I hate it when I head to work on Monday and my house isn't clean for the week. Little-C helped me vacuum, sweep the floors, fold some laundry and change out some photos in the frames we now have hung on the walls.

Later that afternoon, we headed to Valley Junction in West Des Moines to get our family photos taken and Little-C's 3-year photos! I can't believe Little-C is turning 3 next month. Yes, it makes me extremely sad, but she is growing into a nice young lady, despite those attitudes she throws every now and then.

Thanks to Kari Bruck Photography for this great sneak peak! I can't wait to see the others.


We were glad we could enjoy the photos on one of the last warm days in November. We knew Monday would be chilly and it only heads downhill from there. I'm not ready for winter and every year I age, it's getting worse!

No comments :

Post a Comment