{padding:0 3px}

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Staycation with my sister's family - July 2016

Dave and I took Thursday and Friday off so we could spend time with my sister and her family when they came up to visit. We didn't plan on it being 100 degree heat index, but we dealt with it. On Thursday morning, we went to see the High Trestle Trail Bridge. It was a hot walk out there, but my sister and her family loved it once they arrived to the bridge. The view was absolutely amazing and the hot breeze actually felt good. There wasn't much of a breeze on the trail.

A selfie - we forgot the selfie stick so Dave had to use his long arms
My niece and the kiddos
My sister and I
The Kinney family
The High Trestle Trail Bridge was fun, but keeping track of the kids was challenging. They kept wanting to look through the bars at the guy canoeing and climb on them. Dave was glad when we finally got off the bridge. 


View looking north off the bridge
View looking east off the bridge
As we were headed back, I had to capture these cute photos. 

Dave, with Caroline, Derek and Ryan
Hand in hand, they stroll back to the car. 
After we got back to the car, we ate some lunch and got out the pool and slip-n-slide. Our slip-n-slide is just a 60 foot tarp, but the kids love every minute of it. A little dawn dish soap, and they go sliding right down.

Caroline and Derek enjoying the pool.
Face first - why not. 
Ready for another trip down. 
The kids were pretty wore out on Thursday night, but Caroline still attended Bible School at Lutheran Church of HOPE. After bible school, we had to be sure to get a few photos. 


I told them to do a funny face - well they all did. 
Derek, Ryan and Caroline
On Friday morning, I got up and ran/walked 3.6 miles with my neighbor. Working out in the morning is always good because I don't seem to get it done at night.


After I returned from my run/walk, we ate breakfast and went on to Ankeny Miracle Park. The kids had a fun time running the bases and playing on the playground equipment. 





They all look a bit warm
After the park, the girls headed to Q-nails in Ankeny to get a pedicure. We had a great time and Caroline's toes were probably the prettiest with her multiple colors.


After our pedicures we ate a quick lunch and got a final photo of the cousins together. 


Hopefully the Kinney family can come up again soon because the kids had a great time with them. They also enjoy spending quality time with cousins. 

No comments :

Post a Comment