{padding:0 3px}

Monday, June 27, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up (6.25.16-6.26.16)

This past weekend was quite relaxing as we didn't have a lot planned. We needed a weekend like that because it always seems like it's go...go...go, every weekend.

Saturday morning I taught cycling at the Ankeny YMCA. Once I got home we ran a few errands and Dave hung up my hammock. I bought this hammock for $54.95 on Walmart.com. We wanted a nice hammock to hang under our new deck addition and this one had great reviews. As you'll see from the photos, the kids love it!



The kids love it just as much as as Dave and I do.


The kids and I enjoyed the hammock for a few hours then later that afternoon we went to Kyle's Bike's to look for a new bicycle for Dave. He enjoys riding, but his old bike didn't allow him to go in as many gears so it was time for him to upgrade.


After we got home, we cooked a good dinner with left overs for the week. And I'm on a diet and trying to eat clean meals, which requires a lot of protein for meals! So far it's working, I'm down 11 lbs. Don't worry, I didn't have the wings - those were Dave's, but they looked delicious.


On Sunday morning, I had to take photos during the Copper Creek Triathlon. I was finished shortly after 9:00 am  then I headed home so Dave could get a bicycle ride in. I made sure to tell him it was super humid and there wasn't hardly a breeze, but he wanted to test out his new bike on the High Trestle Trail. From our house to Slater and back, he rode 25 miles and averaged 13 mph! I was proud of him.

Dave at his Slater stop!
While Dave was on his bike ride, I took the kids to run a few errands and promised them we would stop at a new park on the way home. We stopped at Westwinds Park and as you can see they had a great time.




We tried to ensure we made a healthy lunch too! My lunch consists of one protein, two vegetables and two fats!


To ensure we wore the kids out and they went to sleep good on Sunday evening, we ventured to the swimming pool for three hours. They begin private swim lessons with Swimming Strong Ankeny the first week in July, so we wanted to ensure they were used to the water.

No comments :

Post a Comment