{padding:0 3px}

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Weekend Wrap up (2.13.16 - 2.15.16)

This past weekend was awesome! Saturday morning I had to teach two cycling classes at the Ankeny Y (one at 8 am and another at 9 am). The kids both wanted donuts so Dave ventured out to Hy-Vee to pick up some groceries and treat the kids to breakfast while I was teaching.


R-man had a complete meltdown during grocery shopping so Dave was happy when I got home. We always tell our kids that we don't act like that in this household. I've learned that good disicpline at home goes a long way!  Later that day, I had to run a few errands in Ankeny so I took R-man with me. He was happy to be spending quality time with Mom and he was in an excellent mood the entire time.
On Sunday, we took it easy since it was snowing and it was Valentine's Day! Dave and I got a cycling workout in the morning. We bought cycling bikes last fall and love them. Both of the kids had to lift their 1 lb weights to workout too. They may be like their Mama when they grow up. Little-C has perfect form when she does her lunges, squats and push-ups!
In the afternoon, I took Little-C to try on flower girl dresses. She's the flower girl in my brothers wedding in October. In Ankeny, there is a consignment shop called "Something Blue Wedding Consignments" so I thought I would check it out. I liked the first one we tried on, but I didn't love it!

We tried on a few dresses here, but decided to try "Bridal Connection" in Ankeny too. They had a lot more options, but the dresses were $200. I am not sure I can spend that on a flower girl dress. Below are the ones she tried on. You can tell by her facial expressions which ones she liked and the ones she didn't.
 
Monday was a great day because it was just Dave and I. We took the kids to daycare in the morning and went shopping and saw a movie. If you haven't seen the movie "The Choice" I would recommend it. It was an excellent love story.

After the movie, we picked up the kids from daycare and built snowmen and colored the snow with water. I bought bottles that are like old ketchup and mustard bottles, then put food coloring and water in them. They love them! It's a cheap way to entertain the kids for hours, if you're willing to refill the bottles multiple times.

I told Dave after yesterday's awesome day that we need to do "Day Dates" more often.

No comments :

Post a Comment