{padding:0 3px}

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Christmas Wreath for under $30

I have been wanting a Christmas wreath for our front door, but all the ones I have seen have poinsettias on them. I wanted something simple with a bow and Christmas ball ornaments. I decided to make just what I wanted and it turned out to be a lot cheaper than the ones I saw in the store.

Cost of items I used to make the wreath:
We first assembled the bow to the wreath! I wanted a bow that was unique and luckily Michaels has a variety of homemade bows for sale. This bow was originally $7.99, but I had a 50% off coupon so it only cost $3.99.


After we had the bow added, Dave began to add the glass ball ornaments. I wanted a few that were different sizes, so I pulled two red bulbs off of our tree to add to the wreath. These bulbs were originally $9.99 per box, but they were 50% off so I got them for $4.99 per box.

These are the smaller ornaments I purchased at Michaels
Michaels_Gauge Wire
The wire we used to affix the ball ornaments to the wreath.
Dave having a great time affixing the ornaments.
After all of of the ornaments were added, we put the giant suction cup wreath holder on the door and hung the wreath! I love our cheap and homemade wreath .

Hobby Lobby_Giant Suction Cup Wreath Holder
Our giant suction cup we purchased at Hobby Lobby for the front door to hold the wreath.
After were finished putting the suction cup on the front door, the wreath was ready to be hung. It looks fabulous and it feels great to know that we made one ourselves for a lot cheaper than those were in the stores!

Our beautiful homemade wreath!

No comments :

Post a Comment